So 90% of cancer is preventable. Now what? Small lifestyle changes add up and make a huge impact on your health and quality of life. Want to live a little healthier? Start with one change. If you’re ready for more, start with these four simple changes. It’s time to take control.
- Take stairs instead of elevators
- Walk or bike wherever you can
- Play on a sports or rec team
- Go to a gym
- Try a health class, like yoga or Pilates
Get more ways to be active from the American Heart Association.
- Eat five servings of fruits or vegetables a day
- Eat lean proteins like chicken, fish or tofu
- Eat more whole grains, try whole wheat pasta
- Drink water instead of soda
- Limit alcohol to two drinks for men, and one for women, daily
Find other healthy eating tips from Eat to Beat.
- Do self-exams regularly
- Get vaccinated against Hepatitis B and HPV
- Learn your family health history
- Get screened by a doctor
- Protect your skin with SPF 30+ sunscreen
Learn about screenings from the National Cancer Institute.
- Use nicotine gums, patches, sprays, inhalers, or lozenges
- Talk to a counselor
- Ask your doctor about prescription medications
- Get support from family, friends and groups
- If you don't smoke, don't start
Access free quitting resources at QuitPlan.
The information on this website is not a substitute for medical care. Please consult your doctor about the information from this site.